Monday, August 9, 2010

Urban Home Goods Swap

About six months ago I decided to participate in my first online swap on Flickr. It turned out to be a lot of fun and included a lot of really talented people! My secret partner received a table runner made with linen and hexagons, a few refrigerator magnets and a note pad made from a photo frame and hexagons. My partner also liked pin cushions and this gave me the chance to make the Henrietta pincushion. I forgot to take a photo of everything prior to sending to my partner so I had to wait for her to recieve it and post photos in the Flickr group.
I received the coolest stuff from my other partner. She sent me the cutest apron, basket and one of the coolest reuseable shopping bags I have seen!
Round 2 of the swap has begun and I spent a good part of my morning going through the photo files on Flickr to find some favorites. Finding is not the problem, as I seem to LOVE everything I see on there. Here's my mosaic for this round.
I got all my blocks for the Vintage Sheet Bee cut, marked and ready to go in the mail tomorrow. I forgot I had the month of August, so I'm running just a little bit behind! I have chosen spiderweb blocks for my month using this tutorial from Sew Mama Sew by Elizabeth Hartman of Oh Fransson! fame. I changed her measurements from an 8 inch block to a 12 inch block. I really love the samples I have made up!

No comments:

Post a Comment