Thursday, August 5, 2010

Roman Holiday Finished!

I finished this yesterday and just in time too!
Earlier this summer, I was approached by a dear friend who was looking for donations for a silent auction for a UPRA rodeo. Of course, I said sure I could donate a quilt. I knew I had this kit stored away in my disaster area (see pictures from this post). I found the kit and began cutting! What a nightmare! It took me almost 1 full day to cut out those blocks. Each piece was cut on the bias. I know I ripped every row apart at least one time. I'd think I had the seams lined up and once I got the row sewn and opened up to press, the seams were off and not just a little bit either! I'm glad I have it done and I will deliver it later today.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you finally got a blog! Yay! You should announce it over at the vintage sheet bee. :-)

    And this is a beautiful quilt! So nice of you to donate it for your friend's auction. Great job!

    ReplyDelete