Monday, October 4, 2010

September's Vintage Sheet Bee Block

I am so far behind! I finished September's Vintage Sheet Bee blocks today. Colima chose a flower block for which she sent us yellow and white squares for the corners. We could then add any colors from our stash. Being so far behind schedule, I was able to see a few of the completed blocks and even though I have a pretty good stash of vintage sheets I didn't have enough fabric in the pattern I wanted use, so I opted to use one pattern/color for the entire block. I also cut the scraps into smaller squares and made a 5 inch block. I'm not sure if she can use it but she had requested us to start with either 5 1/2 or 6 1/2 inch blocks which indicates to me that she is planning to have some smaller blocks in her quilt. The block made from scraps measures 5 inches. I hope she likes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment